Section Service Award
Nomination Form: PDF | Word
The IES Section Service Award is presented by a Section to a member in recognition of outstanding service to the Section, principally of a non-technical nature, that has significantly furthered the purpose of the Society continuously over a number of years in various programs and activities.
- Factors considered in evaluating candidate’s qualifications.
- Five years of dedicated service to the Society at the Section level; however, on unusual and rare occasions a Society member of less than five years may be mentioned.
- Nominee must be an active member. No restriction as to classification of membership other than student member.
- All nominations must be completed using the official IES Section Service Award form. Two reference letters must accompany the nomination.
- The nomination shall be approved by the Section Board of Managers and shall be submitted to the IES office.
- The Section Service Award is a significant and meaningful award for individuals having given exceptional service over a period of time. It is not intended that an award be presented every year. The number of awards per Section shall not exceed one per year. Sections with more than 250 members may make two awards per year for the first 5 years to recognize the “senior citizen” age category.
- The Section Service Award may be presented at any time during the program year at a Section meeting. The Section should allow at least three (3) business weeks advance notice to the IES office of the presentation date to ensure fulfillment and shipping of the award to the Section.
The “Section Service Award” is an engraved plaque issued through the IES office. The cost of the Section Service Award plaque is a Section responsibility.
< Back to awards